Orca ETL is a dynamic and easily configurable tool for creating packages to load and import data from file formats including CSV, Excel and Html. A point-and-click interface allows a user to quickly setup and map an incoming data file to a data warehouse table and apply any transformation rules including multipliers and in-line calculations.
What Does the Orca ETL Do?
The Orca ETL is built within the Orca Automation framework but operates as a stand-alone ETL (extract, transform, load) solution.
Orca ETL enables your company to:
- Load data from a range of file types including but not limited to CSV, Excel and HTML
- Transform the data using an intuitive graphical user interface
- Easily map data from files to existing data warehouse tables
- Create own data warehouse tables to store custom or unique data types
- Access the data directly via SQL or use the Ocellics Excel Add-in to pull data directly into Excel
- Files can be dropped into listen directories where they are automatically picked up and processed
- Be notified in detail of failed loads and easily re-drop into a listen directory
- Automatic file version management; if a file changes format, easily create a new mapping to be used from the date change
- Using the Ocellics Workflow engine data can be processed or pushed to other databases or 3rd party systems including online BI tools
What Type Of Data Can It Load?
The Orca ETL is currently used to load a range of data types including holdings, transactions, market data and fund performance statistics. Ad-hoc loads can be created to map to existing data classes or can be configured to load to auto-created tables with user configured lookups.
Orca is currently used to load daily and monthly fund data sourced provided by Prescient, Maitland and GAA.
Market data currently loaded includes:
- SAfex and the Daily MTM files provided by the JSE
- Bloomberg market prices for instruments, commodities and exchange rates from the Bloomberg Data License API
- IRESS market data using IRESS Version 4 webservices, daily and historic market data. We have also calculated total return using the dividend API call
- ICDF fixed length market data files provided by IRESS
Who Is Orca ETL For?
Orca ETL is for organisations and business looking to improve the quality and efficiency of their data sourcing, management and extraction processes.
It's true that there are a range of ETL tools in the market but none solve the issue of storing data in a logical way that offers both ease of data extraction and further processing and calculations. Even if initially the Ocellics ETL is used in isolation you can feel comfortable that down the line as more complex business requirements arise your business won't be locked down.
Accompanied by our consulting services, we work with you to create smart data solutions for both existing and new data requirements.
Contact us to find out more about Orca ETL.